Emergency Evacuation Procedure of Management & Science University (MSU)
Remain Calm And Follow All Instructions
Exit Building Quickly And By The Designated Escape Routes
Close Doors And Windows To Contain Fire But Only If Possible
Take The Stairs, Not The Lifts
- Leave the fire area immediately.
- Close the door behind you to contain the fire.
- Raise the fire alarm. Hit the BREAK GLASS panel nearest to you and shout, “FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!”
- If the fire is small, try putting it out with the nearest fire extinguisher. Otherwise, escape by the nearest designated route.
- Wait at Assembly Point. Report to your Floor/Area/Section Leader.
Get to know who's your Floor/Area/Section Leader and the assembly points before an emergency occurs.
- Follow the instructions of your Floor/Area/Section Leader.
- Alert other people who might not be aware of the emergency.
- Leave the building quickly but calmly. Do not panic or jostle other evacuees.
- Do not travel between floors or use the lifts.
- Do not return to your station to retrieve your belongings.
- At all times, pay attention to instructions and treat the evacuation seriously.
- At all times, maintain your safety. Do not become a victim.
- Help others only if you will not risk injury. Otherwise, alert the authorities.
- Confirm your presence to your Floor/Area/Section Leader at Assembly Point.
- Do not leave the Assembly Point or attempt building re-entry until the Commander gives an all-clear.
- To alert the Commander and/or call MSU Security Unit: ext 8531.
- If fire has been ascertained and there is no response from the Commander or the MSU Security Unit, to call the FIRE BRIGADE.
- To obtain a list of the occupants and visitors on your floor or in your area/section for Head Count at Assembly Point.
- To instruct all occupants and visitors including persons resting, in meetings, in the washrooms, or other and elsewhere to leave the building by the nearest designated escape route.
- To check everywhere on your floor for persons sick, disabled, or injured.
- To render First Aid only if qualified to do so; otherwise, seek the authorities.
- To call out a Head Count at Assembly Point.
- If absent during the emergency, to ensure re-assignment of tasks to a substitute leader.
- To command, lead, and co-operate with all involved in the evacuation.
- The Commander is responsible for the safety of all evacuees and must obtain the all-clear from the authorities to ensure safeness of building for re-entry.
- To call MSU Security Unit at ext 8531 or the FIRE BRIGADE as necessary.
- To ensure First Aid to victims, if necessary.
- If absent during the emergency, to ensure re-assignment of tasks to a substitute commander.