Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of questions that are typically asked of by the applicants.
(1) How long is the MBA programme?
Minimum 1 year. This depends on your study plan
(2) When does the MBA programme start?
February, July, September of each year (*** For Master by full research and PhD programme, Admission is open all year long)
(3) Is the programme accredited?
Yes. MSU’s MBA Programme is fully accredited by the following:
MSU has been continuously rated as an ‘Excellent University’ by Ministry of Higher Education under the rating system for Malaysian Higher Education (SETARA)
- Rated as one of the top private universities by ASIC UK (Accreditation Service for International Colleges)
- The 1st Non Japanese university to receive accreditation from ABEST21 Japan (The Alliance on Business Education & Scholarship for tomorrow)
- Ranked as One of the top private universities in Malaysia through an establish audit conducted by Ernst & Young under the auspices of the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE)
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACBS), USA
- A member of the Association of Asia Pacific Business School (AAPBS), Korea
- A member of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), Belgium/ Europe
- A member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), UK
An average of 30 students per class.
(5) Where are the classes going to be held?
Graduate School of Management (GSM) at KL Sentral (Platinum Sentral-Level 3).
(1) What are the admission requirements for the MSU’s MBA Programme?
A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualifications from a recognised university as approved by the Senate of MSU and at least two (2) years work experiences. For full-time MBA students, working experience is not required.
(2) Will I be offered admission to MSU’s MBA Programme if I meet the minimum requirements?
Meeting the minimum requirements is sufficient enough to warrant consideration of your application, but does not guarantee admission. You may be required to request to attend an admission interview if necessary.
(3) How do I apply for the MBA programme?
Fill in the following forms:
(a) Application of Admission form
(b) Two (2) Reference Forms from two (2) different Referees
(a) A photocopy of Identity Card (I/C) (Front & Back)
(b) A certified true copy of Bachelor’s Degree Certificate ( Two Copy )
(c) A certified true copy of Academic Transcripts ( Two Copy )
(d) Application Fee of RM40.00 for Malaysian students or RM500 for international students. (For the payment, please contact us for details.)
Yes. Possessing a Master's or PhD will give you an advantage. For applicants possessing Master degree, they are allowed to apply for MBA progamme, or apply for the PhD Programme, subject to admission requirements.
(5) Is there an application closing date?
Yes. The closing date for Malaysian students/applicants is 2 weeks before the intake date and for International Student the closing date is three (3) months before the intake date.
(6) Is there an application fee?
Yes. The application fee is RM40.00 for Malaysian students; and RM500 for international students. Fees paid to MSU are non-refundable.
(7) I’ve never taken any business courses before. Should I do so before applying?
No. It is not necessary to do so. We will teach you everything you need to know!
(8) Can the work experience requirement be waived in any circumstances?
For part-time students, we will not make exceptions to working experience requirement. Students benefit as much as from sharing each other's considerable experiences in the workplace as they do from the instructor professors.
(9) What kind of work experience is required?
There is no specific kind of work experience required. Please note that some management level of experiences may be required
(10) Are interviews mandatory?
Yes. Candidate is required to attend admissions requirement interview with MSU or related panels. It depends on individual application.
(11) When will I hear if I have been accepted?
You may expect to wait at least one week after submitting the application form & all supporting documents of your complete admission file before receiving a response from GSM MSU.
Fees & Financing
(1) How much does the MBA programme cost?
For self-sponsored Malaysian students, you may withdraw from your EPF Account II. For Bumiputra applicants, you may consider for MARA Sponsorship (under “Program Pembangunan Usahawan”). Terms & conditions apply. For details, please contact us for an MBA preview
All the above information stated above are subject to change without prior notice. Applicants are advised to consult GSM MSU for all the above programmes and to compliance with all other educational and admission requirements set from time to time by Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia and websites for updated compliance requirements.