Bachelor in Information System Auditing (Hons)
Nowadays, most organizations apply information technology in their business processes to be more productive and competitive. The rapid growth of information technology and communication leads to availability of numerous products in the market to be used by these organizations. In conjunction to this, the controls and auditing are not merely important but needed by any organization using information technology to prevent misuse of the technology or unauthorized access to confidential information. Acknowledging this matter, MSU offers Bachelor in Information System Auditing to produce graduates who are able to facilitate these organizations to safeguard their systems to be more efficient and effective in a controlled environment.
Offering of this program aims at:
- Providing students with the knowledge and skills in the field of information system and auditing.
- Producing graduates who are competent, competitive, also creative and innovative in applying their theoretical knowledge when facing a healthy competition.
- Contributing the best professional service in the field of information system auditing to the organization
Upon completion of this program, graduates are able to:
- apply skills and knowledge to design and develop application in business environment.
- use a variety of technologies to create, capture, and manipulate design elements in producing a business information system.
- communicate effectively, credibly, and accurately with clients, supervisors, coworkers, and target audiences.
- apply principles and concepts of information system audit to do auditing for the use of computer-based information system.
A three year (six long and three short semesters) full time study.
Students with Diploma qualification can apply exemption for the following subjects:-
||Business Programming Principles
||Principles of Accounting
||Principles and Practices of Management
||Data Communication and Network
||System Analysis and Design
||English Language Awareness
||English for General Purposes
||Islamic Studies/Moral Education
Among the subjects that students will learn are:-
- Principles of Programming
- Business Mathematics
- Principles of Accounting Microeconomics
- Data Communication and Network
- System Analysis and Design
- Database System
- Financial Accounting and Reporting I & II
- Audit I & II
- Accounting Information System
- Legal Environment of Business
- Business Policy & Strategy
- Information Systems Control I & II
- Management Control
- Computer Audit Project 1 & 2
- Information Systems Auditing
- Computer Audit Seminar
Extra Course Features
Apart from the subjects learnt in the classroom or lab, students will gain extra knowledge and/or benefits through:-
- Internship program with various industries.
- Regularly held seminars by the experts, to expose students to current issues and prepare them for their career world.
- Internet access and interactive e-learning modules.
- Applying knowledge gained through computer forensic project.
- Exposure in various computer forensic techniques.
- Joining the fun social activities such as outdoor programs, mount climbing, or stage performances.
Careers in the information and communication technology are found mainly in:-
- Fieldwork in audits of information systems and related processes.
- Some of the jobs functions are:
- performs reviews of related security policies and procedures
- monitor compliance with standard information system and security policies, procedures and processes
- monitor compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and accreditation criteria
- The graduates are also able to review controls over:
- workstations (personal computers)
- Local Area Networks
- database administration
- technical support
- systems development
Positions the graduates can fill in the above organizations are:
- System Auditors
- Software Engineers
- Information Technology Executives
- System Analysts
- System and Methods Executives
- Software Project Managers
- Software Testers
- Software Maintenance Staff
- Information Managers
Salary range for the above positions is between RM2,000 to RM3,500 monthly.
- Hewlett Packard
- Malaysian Airports Holdings Bhd
- HiTech Padu Bhd
- Pejabat MARA
- Jabatan Pelajaran Negeri Selangor
- FTMSK UiTM
- PAC Total Solutions Sdn Bhd
- ACCEL TEAM Sdn Bhd
- MARONIX Sdn Bhd
- Booth Technologies Sdn Bhd
- XYBASE Sdn Bhd
- VSource Sdn Bhd
MARA, PTPTN and Bank Loans.