Information Technology and Innovation Centre (ITIC)
The mission of the centre is to provide computing resources to the research units of the university. It also supports the development of high-speed computer technologies, promotes information exchange within MSU, both locally, in Malaysia and internationally by using high-speed networks, as well as establishes and manages research databases based on expert knowledge. Areas of research include knowledge and learning management system, campus management system, management information systems, office computing, data communication infrastructure and ICT security.
List of System Application
- Knowledge and Learning Management System (EKLAS)
KLAS E-Learning (eKLAS) is an open source web-based Learning Content Management System (LCMS) designed to facilitate access to learning content and administration. It is a system in which announcements, course syllabus, lecture notes, virtual library, external link can be accessed online. Educators can quickly assemble, package, and redistribute web-based instructional content, easily import pre-packaged content, and conduct their courses online. Students learn in an adaptive learning environment.
eKLAS is created with accessibility as a priority to ensure that all users can access the system regardless of the technology they use for online learning or teaching. Users with a disability, possibly using assistive technologies, or those who use an older browser, a slow Internet connection, a Personal Data Assistant (PDA) or a cellular phone, can all expect to access eKLAS and participate fully in teaching and learning activities.
- Campus Management System (CMS) / KLAS2 System
The KLAS-CMS (Campus Management System) integrates the front-end portal of the Online Administrative Modules using the administrative data and business logic. KLAS-CMS acts as the main coordinating administrative center and serves as the principal data repository for all students and staffs in campus. KLAS-CMS is divided into several modules which includes, as per below:
- KLAS2 System (Admin) - developed to engage and monitor student flow and data, as well as to support student issues (student enrolment, student registration, student id, subject registration, mentoring / mentor-mentee, class management, etc.).
- KLAS2 System (Academic) - developed exclusively to help administration to get the student’s information by enabling complete tracking and management of student data.
- KLAS2 System (Finance) - developed to setup fees, invoice and payment, also to generate statement and report.
- KLAS2 System (GEmS) - developed by establishing new coding system to track on activities and participants per program in order to measure student’s generic skills and contributions.
- KLAS2 System (HRMS) - a system that store all information of MSU staffs, which includes new employee, time attendance, activity, leave, manual attendance and control panel.
MyMSU is a system for Student, Counsellor, Faculty, ICD, Admin, Account and SCD to monitor the status of student registration from its initial stage towards the end, as well as to summarize total number of student registered from different branches. There are 3 types of MyMSU which is:
- MyMSU for Fresh Student - handle by C&C
- MyMSU for Progression Student - managed by Faculty and ICD
- MyMSU for Alumni Student - a new develop system and will be handle by SCD
- Student Relationship Management System (SRM)
Student Relationship Management System (SRM) is a system for user to collect data of potential prospect, distribute the data and invite the potential prospect by C&C department to join and further study at Management and Science University (MSU) after finishing their secondary school or called as Fresh Intake.
Once student completed their study at MSU, and ought to continue study at MSU, they are now called as progression student. This student will require to fill up the required information in MyMSU and lecturer from faculty will update the status of student in MyMSU and submit to ICD. The person in charge will transfer that student to KLAS2. In addition, if alumni student wants to continue their study at MSU, the flow of intake is still same as progression student.
There are four main user in this system which are data entry from:
- International and Collegiate Department (ICD)
- Communication and Counselling (C&C) department
- Lecturer / assigned staff from faculty
- Student and Career Development (SCD)
- Publication Management System
Publication Management System (PMS) was conceived to support the entire process of Publishing Scientific Articles using internet technology in order to enable colleges to compete and contribute in line with the vision and mission of the university.
Publication Management System (PMS) is developed to assist in managing article writers and their content submissions more quickly and efficiently, hence, it has been developed for MSU in terms of monitoring performance of the submission.
- Technical and Vocational Education Training System (TVET)
Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) System has been developed for MSU College to increase the productivity of the staff of MSU College in terms of monitoring performance of the student towards the end. It also can be used to keep track all the program offered by the college and help to monitor the student's academic progress. The system will be operated by all branches, at the same time managing all activities related to the skills training program in terms of student enrolment, assessment, attendance and payments for each programs.
- Library Information System (LIS)
Library Information System (LIS) is a system that ease librarian to manage the record of each copies of books, journal, red spot, etc. This system also helps in managing the circulation records for entire copies that been created in LIS.
- Asset and Inventory Management System (AIMS)
Asset & Inventory Management System (AIMS) is a system developed for Staff, Supervisor, Faculty and Senate to monitor the status of requisition list proposal and asset management from its initial stage towards the end. It also can be used to keep track all the raw material between the inventory, vendors and university. If required, the delivery can be retrieved to view the completed work and/or its progress. The system contains the main modules which are Asset & Inventory, Requisition, Product, Supplier, Help and Report List.
- Integrated Restaurant Information System (IRIS)
Integrated Restaurant Information System (IRIS) is a system developed for Staff, Supervisor, Faculty and Senate to monitor the status of market list proposal from its initial stage towards the end. It also can be used to keep track all the raw material between the inventory, vendors and university. If required, the delivery can be retrieved to view the completed work and/or its progress. The system contains the main modules which are Standard Recipe, Menu, Topic, Subject, Market List Report 1, Market List Report 3 and Budget List.
- Inter Professional Lab System (IPELS)
Inter Professional Lab System (IPELS) is a system for Staff, Supervisor, Faculty and Senate to monitor the status of list of practical proposal from its initial stage towards the end. It also can be used to keep track all the chemical item between the inventory, vendors and university. If required, the delivery can be retrieved to view the completed work or its progress. The system contains the main modules which are Practical Sheet, Topic, Subject, Program, List Report 1, List Report 3 and Budget List.