ABOUT US - LEAD
MSU has established its entrepreneurship ecosystem that encompasses: Corporate Governance, Financial Accessibility, Entrepreneurship Culture, Infrastructure and Support Systems, Human Capital Competencies and Markets & Opportunities. Due to the comprehensiveness of the ecosystem, these domain of the ecosystem requires the involvement of all parties within the academic and non-academic sectors of the institution.
To ensure a sustainable development of entrepreneurship, MSU established the Leadership & Entrepreneurship Advancement Institute (LEAD) Institute that act as the catalyst to nurture entrepreneurial and leadership culture within MSU. An initial seed fund of RM5 million is provided to enable selected aspiring entrepreneurs to kick-start their ventures.
It is targeted that at every new semester a cohort of minimum of 50 new student entrepreneurs will register under the Jumpstart program. The promotion of the program is coordinated with the involvement of the Faculties and each faculty has its own targeted candidates for the program.
LEAD Institute facilitates the development of entrepreneurship culture within the six strategic domain mentioned earlier and operationally through:
- University-Industry collaborations on entrepreneurship development programs
- Seeking input from University-Industry Advisory Panel members on trends, challenges and expectations.
- Incubator programs for the development of ideas to commercialization
- Networking among potential entrepreneurs (students and alumni) with the entrepreneur communities and potential investors
- Providing seed financing to kick start new venture
- Providing advisory and support systems to sustain the business during its infancy stage
- Advising faculties on entrepreneurship development curriculum
- Providing access to entrepreneurship know-how via adjunct professors from the industry