About The Course
The MSU Bachelor in Health Science Management programme is designed for individuals with the skills and competencies to function as supervisors and administrators in health care settings. Management is embedded into the healthcare context, integrating clinical understanding and knowledge of healthcare policies with managerial skills. You will study methods of managing people and maximising resources and finance as well as handling crises and emergencies, developing your professional competencies. You will receive training from our lecturers, who have years of experience in the field; and will engage in collaborative group projects, discussions and presentations. A scheduled hospital attachment will bring together your theoretical and practical understanding of the discipline.
You need to pass STPM/Matriculation/A-Level/Pre-University or equivalent with at least 2.50 CGPA in Biology/Physics and Chemistry AND pass SPM or equivalent with a Credit in five (5) subjects including three (3) from Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and English; OR to obtain a related Diploma (MQF Level 4) with at least 2.75 CGPA from a recognized institution (CGPAs below 2.75 need may be supported by at least 3 years / 36 months of related work experience).
Equivalent international qualifications will be subject to MSU Senate approval. International students must also score at least 6.0 in IELTS or 550 in TOEFL or equivalent, for writing.
- Disaster Management
- Principle of Health Care and Disease Prevention
- Socio-Cultural Aspect of Health Care
- Health Safety, Emergency and Crisis Management
- Health Care Programme Planning and Evaluation
- Planning, Designing and Management of Clinical Services
- National Health Policy and Law
- Quality Management and Hospital Accreditation System
- Hospital Attachment
- Health Care Consultant
- Hospital Administrator
- Managed-Care Administrator
- Quality Improvement Officer
- “Silver Hair” Industry – Elderly Care (Home Care, Old Folks Home, Shelters)
- Clinics – patient management, accounting, information management
- Rehab Centres
- Physiotherapy facilities
- Health Insurance companies
- Medical equipment manufacturers
KPT/JPS ( N/720/6/0094 ) 04/21
Bachelor in Health Science Management provides a pathway to postgraduate programmes including the Master of Science (Applied Science) offered by MSU's School of Graduate Studies.
Full Time, Full Weekend Classes (FTW), Blended Learning (BL)